0

Shut down, Wake up computer in Windows Vista

Posted by Meo Con on 01:18 in
When I finish working with my computer, what should I do?

When you finish working with your computer, you should put your computer in sleep mode:

Vista Start Menu

  1. Click the Start button. The Start menu appears.
  2. Click the Power button. Vista puts your computer in the sleep mode.

When you click the Power button, Vista saves all of your work, turns off the display screen, and puts your computer in sleep mode. To indicate that your computer is in sleep mode, some of the lights on your computer may blink and/or change color.

What do you mean when you say my computer is in sleep mode?

In sleep mode, your computer consumes very little electricity. When you need to use your computer again, you can press your computer’s power-on switch to resume work quickly. Instead of shutting your computer down when you are not using your computer, you should put your computer in sleep mode.

I am using a laptop. Won’t putting my computer in sleep mode drain my computer’s battery?

A sleeping computer uses very little energy. Microsoft, the maker of Windows Vista, recommends that you put your computer, whether a desktop or a laptop, in sleep mode when you are not using it. A sleeping computer should not drain your computer’s battery. However, if your power becomes dangerously low, Vista saves your work to your hard drive and then shuts your computer down.

How do I wake up my computer?

To wake up your computer, press your computer’s power-on switch.

Do I ever need to shut down my computer?

Generally, when you are not using your computer, you should put your computer in sleep mode. However, if you are making changes to your computer hardware, such as installing memory or adding a hard drive, you should shut your computer down. You may also need to shut your computer down when you add hardware to your system, such as a new printer.

How do I shut down my computer?

Shut Down Computer

  1. Click the Start button. The Start menu appears.
  2. Click the arrow in the lower-right corner of the start menu. A menu appears.
  3. Click Shut Down. Your computer shuts down.

When you need to restart your computer, press your computer’s power-on switch.


0 Comments

Đăng nhận xét

Copyright © 2009 Windows Vista tutorial, Internet tutorials All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.